Haraya

Imagine

Monday, August 24, 2015

Random and Boring Thoughts


Ngayong walang pasok at umuulan





1.       Levi Celerio, a National Artist for music argued the use of the word “Musikero” to name a person making music, he says, the more proper use is “Musiko”. Knowing this, comes this fast thought of mine: shall I call a basurero as basura, or in worst – a manggagantso as gansto. I think I need to read more about this idea.

2.       Last month I went to a music store in Victory Shop just to see guitars, I just wear an old Milo Running t-shirt I had when me my papa used to join a Milo Marathon when I was a kid, I will be honest myself, I’m not looking good that time, - not so surprise, no one in the shop ask me if I’m interested to buy any instruments. Few days later, I came back in the shop after church, with my older siblings, of course wearing a more elegant polo-shirt, skinny maong pants, and a new boat shoes; just a few seconds, the vendor quickly encountered me with a nice smile, ano po sa inyo sir?

3.       Environmentalists says it is more sustainable and eco-friendly to use paper bags than plastic bags in our markets, for no question, the United States found in using it too. But a thought come to me later, papers are made by trees, and as a principle in economic, the greater the demand, the fall of the supply, by using paper bags – one might say killing trees. Albeit, here comes the exemption; papers are recyclable.

4.       I’m dreaming of café bar here in Antipolo just like a sort of Conspiracy Bar and Café in the Quezon City where musicians can play indie music, acoustics, bossa nova, blues, ethnic or world music, no rock or metal pahinga naman po please, while people drink coffees or teas. My reasons are: first this is a Haven for artist, musicians or even café lover, second and honest reason – I want to see Joey Ayala and Gary Granada performing here, third and more honest reason – I want to perform there too.

       5.       When I was in fourth year high school, someone asked me, what course will you take in college? I said I am planning to take law, but if my parents can’t – in some financial matter, I will pursue music instead. Then he had this follow up question San mo gustong mag-aral? I quickly answered. Sa Harvard. He was surprised in disbelief. Nye?    I follow a phrase; bakit, gusto ko lang naman e, hindi ko naman sinabing doon na talaga.


       6.       We had once a debate in our class about the technology; boon or bane. Everyone in the class have their opinion. When it’s my turn, while speaking about my thoughts, the instructor said, I should only argue about the later statement by my classmate, so I said “Hindi totoo yung sinabi niya” instead, everybody laughs except the instructor who used to stare at me like an eagle ready to pick up the prey.

_______________________________________________________________________
photos owned by Rommel F. Bonus
for more creative works from him, visit his personal blog at https://sites.google.com/site/rommelfabrosbonus/

2 comments:

  1. Resbakan natin yan si kuya sa Victory...haha...Yung long hair ba yun na Rak en Roll to the world?... pag naging sikat na musician ka,,, i hu u mo yan si kuya...haha joke :)

    ReplyDelete